Ten Days to go to the start of 30 Rides in 30 Days. Ten things you need to know.
1. First Day Breakfast this year will be Saturday May 1st from 8.00 am at The Kiln and is free for all riders.
2. All riders’ distinct fuchsia 30/30 cycling jerseys are here. If you already have yours then fine, if not call into Ian Brown’s Cycle Shop to collect yours. Please refrain from wearing the jerseys on the road until day one.
3. All riders are or will be on the Les Bourgs website as a fundraiser in the 30/30 Cycle Challenge. This will enable people to sponsor you and the money go directly to Les Bourgs Hospice.
4. Hopefully you have got your cycling legs by now but if not then get some 20-30 minute rides in over the coming few days and then be ready to ride 30 times in 30 days from Saturday 1st May.
5. Let your friends, colleagues, neighbours and friends know you are riding every day for a month and invite them to sponsor you. Les Bourgs Hospice is a special place for islanders and people will be generous because of your commitment.
6. Add to your fundraising by organising something for your sponsors to take part in. A quiz, treasure hunt, family bike ride, breakfast at work and so many other ideas that have been successful fundraisers in past years.
7. Be supportive of your fellow riders. If you see another 30/30 riders during the challenge give a wave or even a hoot if you are driving. There will seem to be many more than 110 riders and they will be seen at all times of the day and all over the island. They will appreciate your support.
8. Join in if there are any events the other riders are organising. They will appreciate your support
9. Do your best in both riding an hour a day and fundraising. If you have to miss a day then it is alright to catch up another time. Do your best in your fundraising. The target of £900 per rider or per team is not set in stone but many past riders have been surprised how possible this is to reach. Just do your best.
10. Enjoy yourself. You will probably see different parts of the island than normal and even different parts of the day than you usually do. The island is a great place to explore by bicycle so enjoy the experience and be proud that every mile you do is raising money for our special Hospice.
This year’s 30 Rides in 30 Days begins on 1st May 2021, a little over two months to go. We are delighted to have reached over 50 riders registered so far. Over the weekend the “Celtic Donkeys” registered once again to to make the total 53 riders. Ken Bradley, Ken Wrigley, Lorraine Wrigley and Mort Mirghavameddin pictured below took part last year and registered again for 2021.
There are 100 places available so if your are interested then please register soon at www.ride30in30.com or contact organiser Ian Brown at [email protected]
Registration for this year’s challenge has been possible via the website www.ride30in30.com or by sending an enquiry to [email protected] .
The first day will be on Saturday 1st May 2021.
We have received 46 registrations already and have a maximum number of 100 so around half full. So if you are thinking of taking part then please contact us or register online.
Ways of fundraising.
Some ideas for riders to use for fundraising: –
Auction a Date / Auction an Experience / Auction an Expertise (Cooking / Gardening / Guided Walk / Musician / Cycle Ride) / Treasure Hunt / Open House / Open Garden / Night In (Invite some friends and ask then to pay what it is worth) / Ladies Lunch / Garage Sale (Clear that clutter) / Car Wash / Dog Wash / Static Bike Riding / Pic Nic / Ride to Work Breakfast / Cake Sale / Bar B Que / Bonus Ball Competitions during May / Music Night / Quiz Night.
Some of the above have been used very successfully by 30/30 Riders in years past.
Ways of paying into Les Bourgs Hospice.
Each rider registered will be listed on the “Les Bourgs Hospice” website www.lesbourgs.com in the events section as a participant in the 30 Rides in 30 Days 2021. You will also be able to point your potential sponsors there too for donations. 100% of the funds raised this way all reach Les Bourgs and Liz Stonebridge, the fundraising coordinator at Les Bourgs, will keep us informed of every penny received by 30/30 Riders.
You can register on “Just Giving” website as a 30/30 Rider and select Les Bourgs as the chosen charity. This is a great site to out reach far and wide beyond Guernsey and you and your donors can see how your fundraising is going as added incentive. You are able to add your offline fundraising manually. Your sponsors are able to add a good luck message if they wish. Log onto www.justgiving.com and set yourself up. There is a small credit/debit card charge made by Just Giving but over 90% of funds raised this way will end up at Les Bourgs Hospice.
We have seen a welcome growing trend of families taking part in our 30 Rides in 30 Days Challenge. It is a great way of spending family time together and getting some welcome exercise and raising money for a great charity that is Les Bourgs.
Absolutely, Electric Bike Riders are most welcome to take part. You can either ride individually or part of a team of up to four riders. So long as you pledge to ride your Electric Bike for 60 minutes each day from 1st – 30th May 2021 and you endeavor to raise £900 (either as an individual or as part of team). Register now and join in the fun.