Ten Days to go to the start of 30 Rides in 30 Days.
Ten things you need to know.
1. First Day Breakfast this year will be Saturday April 27th from 8.00 am at The Kiln and all riders are invited.
2. All riders’ blue 30/30 cycling jerseys are here. If you already have yours then fine, if not call into Ian Brown’s Cycle Shop to collect yours. Please refrain from wearing the jerseys on the road until day one.
3. Register yourselves on the Les Bourgs website as a fundraiser in the 30/30 Cycle Challenge. This will enable people to sponsor you and the money go directly to Les Bourgs Hospice.
4. Hopefully you have got your cycling legs by now but if not then get some 20-30 minute rides in over the long weekend and then be ready to ride 30 times in 30 days from Saturday 27th April.
5. Let your friends, colleagues, neighbours and friends know you are riding every day for a month and invite them to sponsor you. Les Bourgs Hospice is a special place for many, if not all, islanders and people will be generous because of your commitment.
6. Add to your fundraising by organising something for your sponsors to take part in. A quiz, treasure hunt, family bike ride, breakfast at work and so many other ideas that have been successful fundraisers in past years.
7. Be supportive of your fellow riders. If you see another 30/30 riders during the challenge give a cheerie wave or even a hoot if you are driving. There will seem to be many more than 110 riders and they will be seen at all times of the day and all over the island. They will appreciate your support.
8. Join in if there are any events the other riders are organising. They will appreciate your support
9. Do your best in both riding an hour a day and fundraising. If you have to miss a day then it is alright to catch up another time. Do your best in your fundraising. The target of £900 is not set in stone but many past riders have been surprised how possible this is to reach. Just do your best.
10. Enjoy yourself. You will probably see different parts of the island than normal and even different parts of the day than you usually do. The island is a great place to explore by bicycle so enjoy the experience and be proud that every mile you do is raising money for our very special Hospice.
See you all very soon.